3 Reasons You Need A Side Hustle
3 Reasons You Need A Side Hustle
Growing up in Jamaica in the late 70s and early 80s, I remember my mom constantly pursuing opportunities for income generation outside of her job. This example planted a seed in my young mind about the possibilities that exist in pursuing these ventures. It took me a lot longer than I would have liked to be bitten by the entrepreneurial bug, but now that I am bitten, I love it!
Getting involved in a side hustle seems like an unlikely thing for a physician to do, doesn’t it? Well, to be honest with you, having a side hustle actually saved me from crashing and burning when I was going through occupational… Click To Tweet My feeling about pursuing a side hustle has deep roots for me because pursuing this venture has led to immense personal and professional growth, rekindling of creative thought and development of leadership skills. In addition, I am constantly learning about what it is like to run a business.
- Pursuit of Passion. When you are doing something you love, there is something magical that happens. When we are doing something that we are passionate about, this is evidenced in everything that you do. People want to listen to you when they see you enjoying what you do. Who doesn’t love a teacher who is passionate about their craft and subject matter? In this world of negativity, shining brightly for your cause by doing what you love speaks volumes. Click To Tweet It is my hope to be able to encourage our cherubs to start to think about their passion and building a business around that passion. It is inspiring to see amazing youth like Zandra Cunningham, who started her own health and beauty line at age 10 which was born out of pursuing her passion.
- Economic Necessity. Sometimes life circumstances, of the financial kind, push us into pursuing a side hustle. Often most people find that at some point the income from their full-time job just does not reconcile with the amount needed to cover bills. And I am not talking about those living way above their means, I am talking about everyday people trying to cover basic expenses like food, lodging, and transportation.
- Fulfilling Your Purpose. We are all here on this planet to fulfill a specific purpose. When we realize what our purpose is and define a path to realizing it, we often are drawn to making our impact via a side hustle. Starting something of your own allows for you to progress the movement related to your purpose and make an impact on your world. Never underestimate the power of you. Click To Tweet
Now that you are convinced (or maybe you are not) that you need to go out and start pursuing your side hustle, download this quick list of ideas for you to try.
So, if this blog post impacted you or you can think of someone that it would be helpful to, please share it. Please share your thoughts below in the comments.
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020
Categories: Blog, Greatness Academy, Nocturnist Diary