4 Tips for Kids Nutrition
August is Kids Eat Right Month as designated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
During this month of increased awareness about getting good and healthy foods to the table in front of our cherubs let’s do our best to make a difference in as many childrens’ lives as we can.
Here are 4 Helpful Tips to Get Started
- Make Time for Breakfast. Starting out the day with a healthy breakfast makes all the difference for the whole day. A balanced breakfast with fiber, low in added sugar, whole grains and protein gives cherubs the best start to their days. You can make oatmeal with whey protein, fruit, and nuts to start your cherubs’ day right.
- Pack a Healthy Lunch. A child’s lunch should include lean protein, fruit & veggies, whole grains and dairy. An example is turkey wrap, apple slices, grapes, carrot sticks and chocolate milk. Have fun with this and maybe even put a note in your child’s lunch box to encourage them and make them know that you care.
- Make Time for Dinner. Even if you are only able to coordinate your family’s schedule a few times a week to start, making this time together a priority is key. Dinnertime is when great conversations, bonding and good habits are formed. There has been some research stating that children that eat dinner with their families have more positive self esteem, stronger family bonds and perform better in school.
- Move. The more you can move as a family the more fun you will have with your cherubs. For example, a walk around the neighborhood after dinner has digested is sure to get the whole family excited. Children should move for 60 minutes each day. Doing an activity with your children that involves movement, creates bonds and healthy habits.
These are just a few tips to get you started in the right direction. Try them out and provide feedback on how effective you found them. If you found this blog helpful, comment below and share with a friend.
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020
Categories: Blog, Nutrition, Parenting our Cherubs, Uncategorized