Apple Raisin Cake
This moist, rich cake features apples, raisins, and crunchy walnuts.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with spray. Set aside.
Combine apples, raisins, honey, and walnuts; mix well. Allow mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
Add oil, vanilla, and egg; mix well. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; mix well.
Add flour mixture to apple mixture; mix until just blended.
Place batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Sodium: 99 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 14 g
Protein: 3 g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020