Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
If you love fried rice but want to cut down on carbs, opt for cauliflower rice.
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste (Tamari for Gluten Free)
Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don't over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.Raise the heat to medium-high.
Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 3
- Calories: 108
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 868mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 9g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020