Chickpea Salad with Minty Yogurt Dressing in a Mason Jar
You will love the combination of chickpeas, crisp bell pepper, and refreshing cucumber in this Mediterranean Mason jar salad. A creamy yogurt dressing with fresh mint and garlic brings all of the flavors together. Feta and parsley add the finishing touches.
This is a great make-ahead meal to take to work or on a picnic. The chickpeas marinate in minty yogurt dressing at the bottom of the jar, while the spinach stays crisp at the top. When you’re ready to eat, just shake the jar to disperse the dressing. Pair it with grilled fish or chicken for a heartier meal. The mint dressing tasted great on those, too!
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground white pepper(to taste; optional)
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
Place yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and mint in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Evenly divide dressing between 4 pint Mason jars. Set aside.
Evenly layer chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, cheese, and parsley on top of dressing in jars.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020