Don’t Let The Perfect Be The Enemy Of The Good
Have you ever perseverated on something because you wanted it to be just right? Have you ever not pulled the trigger on trying something new because you wanted to be great at it at the onset?
If you answered yes to any of these then you are robbing your happiness by letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. What do I mean by this?
When we have to research every single detail before trying something new that may benefit us, we cripple ourselves. It is better to give something a try, form an opinion about it once you have tried it or learn from it if it turns out not to work for you.
Greatness is about being brave and bold. When we push ourselves beyond our comfort zones, that is when the real magic happens. If we wait and plan and wait and research before taking a step we are not really being brave or bold.
How to not make Perfect be the Enemy of Good
- Know your goals – spend time with those you love, be fitter, be a better speaker
- Know your situation – does this venture really need preparation, weigh the level of risk
- Take a chance – trial and error is a great way to see rapid results
Grethen Rubin, who hosts a podcast called “A Little Happier”, talks about this concept in relation to her mom visiting her in NYC. Check it out:
If you would like to listen to more of Grethen Rubin, you can check out her full list of podcasts here.
This concept is true when it comes to doing things to improve ourselves. Whether it is learning a new skill, getting shape, changing your nutrition, or starting a new venture, it is key to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
If you want to get started on your fitness journey and have me as your virtual coach fill out this form:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020