Easy Fried Rice
Healthy fried rice? Yes, it is possible. Here’s how.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 8 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh peas (about ½ cup) (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium.
Add egg whites; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs start to set.
Add rice, chicken, peas, and soy sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Divide evenly into four serving bowls; garnish evenly with green onion.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020