Egg White Omelet with Mushrooms, Tomato, and Cheddar
Power-up your morning with this protein-packed egg white omelet!
- 8 large egg whites (1 cup)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped (reserve 1 for garnish)
- ½ medium tomato, chopped (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese (¾ oz)
Combine egg whites with pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat a small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
Add mushrooms, green onion, and tomato; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet.
Place eggs in skillet; cook over medium-low heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
When eggs are almost set, add mushroom mixture and cheese; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Gently fold in half.
Garnish with green onion and tomato.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Sodium: 580 mg
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 37 g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020