Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Chia Muffins
This will become your favorite gluten-free muffin recipe, very healthy and delicious! You can have as a snack or for a quick and easy breakfast.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
Mix water and chia seeds together in a small bowl; set aside until chia seed gel is thickened, about 10 minutes.
Combine flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk chia gel, yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture just until batter is moistened. Fold bananas and walnuts into batter. Fill muffin cups 2/3-full with batter.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020