Greek Yogurt Alfredo Sauce
Super creamy and rich alfredo sauce made with protein-packed greek yogurt!
So amazing you’ll ditch store-bought versions for good!
Greek yogurt adds yummy flavor to your dishes – way better than sour cream. This sauce is so creamy, has so much flavor, and so much goodness on top of any pasta you desire.
ou. will. love. it.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup milk or water (I used fat free half & half)
- ¾ cup of plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- ½ - ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: ½ teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta noodles, cooked
In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic powder. Stir in milk (or water). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in greek yogurt.
Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until melted. (If the cheese doesn't melt completely because the sauce is too cool, return to stove on low for a couple of minutes) Add salt and pepper to taste and toss with your favorite cooked pasta noodles.
*Store any leftover sauce in the fridge in an airtight container such as a jar. The sauce tends to get very thick – almost solid – after being chilled, just add 1 tablespoon of water or milk and heat it up in the microwave, then stir til smooth and serve!
Recipe adapted from Eating Well Magazine
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020