Lavender-Scented Strawberries with Honey Cream
Showcase the season’s first berries in this rich, not-too-sweet dessert. Be sure to use Greek yogurt, which has been strained and is thus very thick and creamy.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender (such as McCormick)
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (6-ounce) container 2% Greek-style plain yogurt
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
Here are your instructions:
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Strain syrup through a sieve into a small bowl; discard solids. Chill.
Sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Let stand 1 minute or until gelatin dissolves.
Combine honey, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Heat milk over medium-high heat in a small heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add gelatin mixture, stirring well. Pour milk mixture into a bowl; stir occasionally until cool but not set (about 20 minutes). Stir in yogurt. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt mixture into each of 8 dessert glasses or bowls. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Top each serving with 1/4 cup strawberries, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons syrup.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020