Lazy Sunday Casserole
The broth and vinegar, along with the spices, combine to make a wonderfully flavorful sauce in this recipe.
Be sure to serve this with some crusty bread to sop up all of the delicious juices on your plate. You can, of course, switch up the vegetables to your liking.
- 5 Italian sausages
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 8 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Combine all of the chopped vegetables in a large roasting pan.
Whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, basil, oregano and fennel seeds.
Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour chicken broth over vegetables. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender.
Meanwhile, brown sausages in a large skillet over medium heat. They do not need to be cooked all the way through, just browned.
Remove from skillet and slice into thirds.
Remove foil from vegetables and add sausages to pan.
Pour in balsamic vinegar and give everything a good stir.
Return the pan to the oven, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, or until everything is browned as the sausages are cooked through.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020