Low-carb molten chocolate lava cake
Dessert has never been more decadent. Imagine warm, melting, buttery chocolate headed your way. Now, make it happen with this simple low-carb take on a lava cake.
- 2 oz. dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
- 2 oz. butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter, for greasing the ramekins
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease 4-6 small ramekins with butter.
Divide or chop the chocolate into smaller pieces. Put in a saucepan or the top of a double boiler. Add butter and melt together carefully.
Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and set aside. Allow the chocolate to cool, but not too much; keep it from getting firm.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy — about 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the chocolate batter. Mix well, preferably with a wooden spoon or fork, until the batter is smooth.
Pour the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 350°F (175°C).
Set your timer for 5–7 minutes, depending on number of servings.
Remove from the oven and serve lukewarm. A dollop of whipped cream or sour cream adds a delicious finishing touch.
These cakes will continue to bake in the ramekins after you remove them from the oven. Keep the lava flowing by pulling them out a little early.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020