Moroccan Salmon with Nectarine Couscous
Punch up your salmon dinner in just 25 minutes with this aromatic blend of spices. This recipe pairs it with a whole-wheat couscous with buttery pine nuts and sweet nectarines to complete this delicious, satisfying meal.
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 4 4-oz boneless salmon fillets, skin on
- High-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower, peanut, or grape seed oil), as needed
- ½ cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup diced nectarine
In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, ginger, cardamom, black pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of salmon, pressing mixture into flesh to adhere.
Heat a grill pan on medium-high and lightly brush with cooking oil. Add salmon, skin side up, and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook, skin side down, until salmon is opaque throughout, about 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring ¾ cup water to boil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and stir in onions, bell pepper, nuts, nectarine and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Divide salmon and couscous mixture among serving plates.
Serving size: 1 salmon fillet and ¾ cup couscous mixture – Calories: 274 – Fat: 10g – Saturated fat: 1g – Monounsaturated fat: 4g – Polyunsaturated fat: 4g – Carbohydrates: 19g – Sugar: 2g – Sodium: 313mg – Fiber: 6g – Protein: 26g – Cholesterol: 62mg
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020