Multi-Grain Banana Pancakes
Make your weekend breakfast something special! These hearty pancakes are made with wholesome ingredients and are naturally sweetened with bananas and a touch of honey. They’re a good source of dietary fiber and have 10 grams of protein per serving. And, they freeze well. Layer leftover pancakes with wax paper and freeze. Reheat in a toaster or oven.
- 1 Large Egg lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup Low-fat milk
- ¼ cup Nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 very ripe medium Banana (mashed)
- 1 Tbsp Raw honey
- ½ cup Whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup Old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Wheat bran
- 2 Tbsp Chopped raw almonds
- 1½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 4 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 Nonstick Cooking spray
Here is your instructions:
Combine egg, oil, milk, yogurt, banana, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Combine flours, oats, bran, almonds, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
Heat large nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, on medium-high heat.
Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve pancakes topped evenly with maple syrup.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020