Night Shift Mom Tips: Finding Time For You
Night Shift Mom How to Find Time For You
Are you a busy mom who works nights? Are you a busy working mom? Are you a busy mom? If you answered yes to any of these then this is dedicated to you. When we are busy and taking care of everyone else, we tend to not take care of ourselves.
When we don’t take time for self care, we rob ourselves of the ability to be great. When your self care is made a priority, then you are more confident, have more energy, and are able to serve those around you more effectively.
Thirty minutes is essentially 2% of the 24 hours in each day. This is the time that we need to reclaim and make sacred as busy night shift moms.
3 Tips For Carving Out Your 2%
- Capture time around sleep. So there are a few options for taking back time. One option is on the nights when you are not working, waking up 30 minutes earlier than usual and getting in your self care time. Another option is to get it in as soon as you get home from your shift before going to bed. Yet another option is to wake up 30 minutes earlier from your nap to fit in your 2%.
- Limit time on social media. If we look at the amount of time we spend on social media we would realize that there are 30 minutes to be had there for sure. Taking back that time will have huge long term benefits. It may be helpful to set a timer on your perusal of all things social media :).
- Schedule Me time. Sit down on one day in the week or weekend and literally write done the time in your day that you plan to claim. If you use a written calendar, make sure you post in your home where your family can see it. This way they know that you have your meeting time. The other option is putting it on your electronic calendar that is shared with your spouse and family.
Hopefully these tips will give you inspiration to figure out how you can claim your 2% for your self care. If you found this blog helpful, please comment below and share it.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020