No-Bake S’mores Bars
If it’s chocolatey, marshmallow, and Graham cracker s’mores you crave, make a batch of these No-Bake S’mores Bars. We think they’re even better than the real thing because they contain all of the essential flavors of a classic toasty s’more — made healthy. Bonus: No campfire is needed to enjoy these delicious treats.
Rather than incorporate marshmallows (since those are made mostly of refined sugar) these sweet treats get their toasty marshmallow essence from a few drops of optional marshmallow flavor (pure vanilla extract is a good substitute). No extra sugar required for these s’mores bars, creamy Vanilla Shakeology mixed with ricotta makes up the white “marshmallow” cream, and Chocolate Shakeology forms the brownie-like base and crunchy chocolate topping. To top them off, real whole wheat Graham crackers achieve a truly authentic taste.
Whether you whip up a batch as a part of your weekly meal prep or are just catering to your inner child, these s’mores bars one satisfying snack.
- 2 whole wheat graham crackers (1 cracker sheet each) broken into large pieces
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops Chocolate Shakeology divided use
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 2 to 3 drops marshmallow flavor (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil melted
Place graham crackers in food processor (or blender); process continuously until crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Set aside.
Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with plastic wrap (or aluminum foil). Evenly sprinkle ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in bottom of pan. Set aside.
Combine banana, almond butter, cocoa powder, 2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology, and ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
Press chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Place cheese, Vanilla Shakeology, and marshmallow flavor in food processor (or blender); process until smooth and well blended.
Evenly spread cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Set aside.
Combine remaining 2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology and oil in a small bowl; mix until smooth.
Evenly spread Chocolate Shakeology mixture over cheese mixture.
Sprinkle top with remaining ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs. Lightly press graham cracker crumbs into top. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set.
Cut into twelve bars (approx. 2½ x 2-inches).
- You can find marshmallow flavor on-line or in specialty cake decorating stores.
- You can substitute pure vanilla extract for marshmallow flavor.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020