Patriotic Shakeology Chia Seed Pudding Parfait Recipe
It’s Independence Day! Fireworks! Celebration! Unhealthy food! Except not so much for the last one. Holidays in the summer are tricky because they bring about a smorgasbord of fried cheesy cake-y sugary splendor that derails your healthy routine and leaves you feeling less than awesome, while also giving you the outfit options of bathing suits and shorts.
Instead of figuring out how much of the 7-layer cake you can sneak before you need to hide behind the American flag from bloating, let’s ditch the damage-causing food and opt for something delicious AND patriotic instead. Of course we are talking about our favorite superfood shake, Shakeology–but we are adding a little American flair to the package.
Turn your standard Vanilla Shakeology into Red, White, and Blue Shakeology Chia Seed Pudding Parfait. Say that 5 times fast! Here is the recipe:
- 3 cups nonfat milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1½ scoops Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- unsweetened coconut flakes (for garnish; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Place milk, Shakeology, honey, and cinnamon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Pour milk mixture into medium glass bowl. Add chia seeds; mix well.
Cover bowl; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, mixing after 2 hours.
Layer blueberries on top of pudding
Layer raspberries on top of blueberries
Garnish with coconut flakes (optional)
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020