Poached Eggs with Greens and Brown Rice
This versatile recipe can be a savory breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Making poached eggs is easier then you might think! Give it a try, and this delicious rice bowl might become a favorite go-to meal.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped baby bok choy
- 1½ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vinegar; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
Place one egg into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the egg into the water, repeat with remaining egg; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set. Gently lift eggs out of water. Set aside. Keep warm.
Heat olive oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add spinach and bok choy; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until wilted.
Add soy sauce and sesame oil; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until well mixed. Set aside.
Evenly divide brown rice between two serving bowls. Top with spinach mixture, one egg, pepper (if desired), and green onion.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 186 mg
Sodium: 286 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 11 g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020