Episode 128: Confronting Racism, Implicit Biases, and Microaggressions: Sonia Lewis – Influencer and Entrepreneur
Subscribe: Spotify |
Sonia Lewis educates with removing shame and blame of individuals from the equation of racism. She teaches ways to confront racism, implicit biases, and microaggressions with shared language and values that lift anti-racism and brings down anti-blackness; as well as ways to personally develop into the ally and abolitionist needed to fight in the now for those who lack privilege and proximity.
Sonia helps us call a thing a thing, face it and not shy away from the implications of harm associated with the reality of racism.
It all started at age 7 when she refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance because she didn’t see “liberty and justice for all,” especially those who looked like her, her family, and her community. Earning degrees in History and Psychology, a Master’s in Education, and teaching for nearly 20 years were all foundational to the vision of ASCRIBE Educational Consulting, LLC and EDIFY Humanity 501c3.
At the center of Sonia’s motivation is humanity and belonging. She is on a mission to rectify the harm and oppression of racism….and is unflinching in asking the tough questions, facing uncomfortable truths, and building on equity-driven outcomes.
Acknowledging that we all have perpetuated norms based on conditionings from a white supremacy lens has divided our collective ability to stand in solidarity rather than compete in oppression Olympics. In building a future that is anti-racist, humanity must matter and equity needs to be at the center of the equation.
There is no better time than the present to fight for those most marginalized and disenfranchised by a system with the intent to deny access to wealth, life, liberty, and justice.
Get ready for a conversation with Sonia Lewis, a mother, wife, influencer, entrepreneur, and all-around unapologetic yet authentic Black magical force to be reckoned with….brace yourself for a true heart to heart for change.
Learn more about Sonia here:
I’m so excited to share another podcast episode with you, the Fearless Freedom tribe! I appreciate you and I’m so honored that you are listening, subscribing, and sharing the podcast with your friends. It’s thanks to you and the amazing guests that this podcast a success!
The Podcasting Launch Course for Professionals has birthed several new podcasts. Be sure to check out the podcasts from the amazing women who launched podcasts after taking the course. I’m humbled and proud to have played a small part in their success.
Show them some love by subscribing, leaving a 5-star rating, sharing, and leaving a positive comment.
The Single Well Podcast (Formerly Pivot & Bloom)
The Drama-Free Workplace with Patti Perez
Living at Your Finest
Ignite Your PowHer
- Looking to start a podcast? Now is a great time to do just that! Check out the free podcast launch masterclass I created to see if starting a podcast is a match for you.
- Are you too busy to participate in a facilitated course but still want to get your show started? The Podcast in a Box is for you! You provide the audio for your first 5 five shows to launch with a bang, we do the REST. http://bit.ly/doneforyoupodcasting
- Are you a podcast host or have the desire to be a podcast guest? You will want to check out PodMatch, a free service that automatically matches podcast guests and hosts together for interviews. Here’s my invite link: http://bit.ly/joinpodmatch
Get off the fear fence today. Your tribe is waiting to hear your voice!
Check out the YouTube video here:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020