Episode 147: How 9/11 Inspired Her to Become an Ophthalmologist: Dr. Thandi Myeni
Subscribe: Spotify |
Thandeka Myeni MD MPH, affectionately known as “Dr. Thandi”, wears many hats. She is a mom, eye surgeon, bounce back-ologist, soldier, speaker, entrepreneur, author, and coach. She helps to improve both eyesight and insight. Her mission is to transform lives by helping people improve their vision(s), as she empowers them to: live in their purpose; discover their power; and master their emotions.
Learn more about Dr. Thandi here: bit.ly/eyedocembracefear
Hello Fearless Freedom tribe! Thank you for joining me this week.
This was a fantastic episode to record… even the part where I step on my soapbox for a bit and give you some real talk about what it’s been like in the ER during Covid.
It was interesting to learn how Dr. Thandi went from working at M&M Mars to signing up for medical school to serve others in a greater and different way, which was influenced by her experiences in 9/11.
Also quite fascinating is the path the Tony Robbins Netflix documentary sent her down to become a coach.
We took a good look at burnout, a topic you all know is so important to me given my own experiences with burnout and becoming a burnout thriver!
Have you taken the time to check out these amazing podcasts yet? If not, maybe today is the day you do that.
These podcasts were launched by some phenomenal women who participated in my course, the Podcasting Launch Course for Professionals. It was such a privilege to witness this process as they brought their podcast visions to life. I’m so proud of each of them.
The Single Well Podcast (Formerly Pivot & Bloom)
The Drama-Free Workplace with Patti Perez
Living at Your Finest
Ignite Your PowHer
- Looking to start a podcast? Now is a great time to do just that! Check out the free podcast launch masterclass I created to see if starting a podcast is a match for you.
- Are you too busy to participate in a facilitated course but still want to get your show started? The Podcast in a Box is for you! You provide the audio for your first 5 five shows to launch with a bang, we do the REST. http://bit.ly/doneforyoupodcasting
- Are you a podcast host or have the desire to be a podcast guest? You will want to check out PodMatch, a free service that automatically matches podcast guests and hosts together for interviews. Here’s my invite link: http://bit.ly/joinpodmatch
Get off the fear fence today. Your tribe is waiting to hear your voice!
Check out the YouTube video here:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020