Episode 185: Turning a Pandemic Crisis, Biases, and Adversity into a Women’s Movement: Rebecca Leppard
Subscribe: Spotify |
Rebecca Leppard is the founder of Upgrading Women and is on a mission: No Woman Left Behind.
After facing adversity, poverty, and judgment as a person of color recently relocated to the UK from her homeland of Indonesia, she became determined to speak up against all of the biases she faced. Unfortunately, when she moved (during the pandemic) she was only able to enter the country with a visitor visa which prevented her from employment and even volunteering.
Rebecca did not let her crisis go to waste and used it for growth.
In addition to being an author and speaker, she teaches women of minority how to present themselves better, how to be assertive, and to speak their opinions so all ideas are out on the table and given an opportunity to positively impact the world.
Learn more about Rebecca here: https://www.rebeccaleppard.com/
Rebecca Leppard is an author, speaker, and strategist. She loves connecting with diverse groups of people and engaging in meaningful conversations. Lately, she cannot shut up about closing the equity gap, detoxifying the workplace, influencing social justice, and promoting happy living.
After being financially hit due to the pandemic, Rebecca founded a social enterprise called Upgrading Women. Upgrading Women is a learning and development hub for executives who face adversity because of their gender, race, and class.
Subscribe to this podcast and download your favorite episodes to listen to later:
⚕️ Are you a woman healthcare professional who is struggling to juggle everything in your personal and professional life?
💯 I understand! This is why I created this community of like-minded women to support each other through the ups and downs of our daily lives.
💥 Join us today! It’s free to join and you can connect with other women just like yourself. ⤵️⤵️⤵️
Podcasting Launch Course for Professionals – Podcast of the Week
Have you listened to this one yet?
The Single Well Podcast
- Looking to start a podcast? Now is a great time to do just that! Check out the free podcast launch masterclass I created to see if starting a podcast is a match for you. http://bit.ly/podcastinglaunchmasterclass
- Are you too busy to participate in a facilitated course but still want to get your show started? The Podcast in a Box is for you! You provide the audio for your first 5 five shows to launch with a bang, we do the REST. http://bit.ly/doneforyoupodcasting
Get off the fear fence today. Your tribe is waiting to hear your voice!
Check out the YouTube video here:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020