Episode 206: Former People Pleaser Who Created Her Dream Job: Megan Lowdon
Subscribe: Spotify |
Megan Lowdon used to be a people pleaser. But thanks to the Covid- break she wouldn’t have taken otherwise from her role as an Events and Catering Manager, Megan was able to appreciate a slower pace in life. Upon returning to her position she discovered that the long hours and fast pace weren’t conducive to her mental, emotional, and physical wellness.
During her break from the hospitality industry Megan did try to find other employment. Ultimately, she started helping her entrepreneurial husband with his photography business. She began to carve a role out for herself as his assistant, finding that many of the skills she had been honing for years were transferable.
After her brief return to the hospitality industry and recognizing it was no longer a fit for her, Megan returned to join her husband in entrepreneurship as the Director of Operations, a role she always wanted but never thought it would look exactly like this.
Learn more about Megan, the challenges she faced and overcame, and how she moved away from people pleasing to create her dream job.
Megan is a Partner and Director of Operations at Robert Lowdon Photography. Prior to the pandemic Megan built a career in large-scale events within the hospitality industry and found herself in a confusing, messy, and world-changing situation when she was temporarily laid off. Through self-discovery, time, and therapy Megan has been able to make decisions that challenge everything she thought she knew and had planned for. Now she helps her husband run their family business and lives a flexible, fulfilling, and creative life that she never knew she could have.
Subscribe to this podcast and download your favorite episodes to listen to later:
⚕️ Are you a woman healthcare professional who is struggling to juggle everything in your personal and professional life?
💯 I understand! This is why I created this community of like-minded women to support each other through the ups and downs of our daily lives.
💥 Join us today! It’s free to join and you can connect with other women just like yourself. ⤵️⤵️⤵️
Podcasting Launch Course for Professionals – Podcast of the Week
Living at Your Finest
- Looking to start a podcast? Now is a great time to do just that! Check out the free podcast launch masterclass I created to see if starting a podcast is a match for you. http://bit.ly/podcastinglaunchmasterclass
- Are you too busy to participate in a facilitated course but still want to get your show started? The Podcast in a Box is for you! You provide the audio for your first 5 five shows to launch with a bang, we do the REST. http://bit.ly/doneforyoupodcasting
Get off the fear fence today. Your tribe is waiting to hear your voice!
Check out the YouTube video here:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020