Episode 210: Living Courageously Through Adversity, Embracing Fear and Moving Forward: Andrea Wilson Woods
Subscribe: Spotify |
When Andrea Wilson Woods was 22 years old, she gained custody of her then eight-year-old sister Adrienne. Andrea raised Adrienne all through her twenties until one month after Adrienne’s 15th birthday, Adrienne was diagnosed with stage IV liver cancer. Her cancer journey only lasted 147 days. Losing Adrienne was the biggest loss in her life but she has channeled her grief into worthy ventures including a national nonprofit dedicated to primary liver cancer and a new health tech startup for all cancer patients and caregivers.
In October 2019, she published her medical memoir Better Off Bald: A Life in 147 Days about raising and losing Adrienne to cancer. It is a bestseller on Amazon in multiple categories and has received many awards.
Learn more about Andrea’s nonprofit here: www.bluefaery.org
Find Andrea’s book here: www.betteroffbald.com
Andrea Wilson Woods is a writer who loves to tell stories, and a patient advocate who founded the nonprofit Blue Faery: The Adrienne Wilson Liver Cancer Association. Andrea is the CEO and co-founder of Cancer University, a for-profit, social-impact, digital health company. Her best-selling and award-winning book, Better Off Bald: A Life in 147 Days, is a medical memoir about raising and losing her sister to liver cancer.
Andrea would like you to check out https://cancer.university. Cancer University offers free memberships to cancer patients and caregivers to educate, engage, and empower them to become advocates for their healthcare.
Subscribe to this podcast and download your favorite episodes to listen to later:
⚕️ Are you a woman healthcare professional who is struggling to juggle everything in your personal and professional life?
💯 I understand! This is why I created this community of like-minded women to support each other through the ups and downs of our daily lives.
💥 Join us today! It’s free to join and you can connect with other women just like yourself. ⤵️⤵️⤵️
Podcasting Launch Course for Professionals – Podcast of the Week
The Drama-Free Workplace with Patti Perez
- Looking to start a podcast? Now is a great time to do just that! Check out the free podcast launch masterclass I created to see if starting a podcast is a match for you. http://bit.ly/podcastinglaunchmasterclass
- Are you too busy to participate in a facilitated course but still want to get your show started? The Podcast in a Box is for you! You provide the audio for your first 5 five shows to launch with a bang, we do the REST. http://bit.ly/doneforyoupodcasting
Get off the fear fence today. Your tribe is waiting to hear your voice!
Check out the YouTube video here:
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020