Pumpkin Pudding (egg-free, dairy-free)
This pumpkin dessert is luscious and creamy and perfect for a fall, seasonal treat.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree*
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pour half of the coconut milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil.
Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl, and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the liquid. This will prevent a gelatin ‘skin’ from forming on top.
Place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until set. The pudding will be almost solid when chilled.
Remove the plastic wrap and use hand beaters or a stand mixer to beat for 3 to 5 minutes on high, until smooth and creamy.
Serve with gingersnap cookies or you can use it as a pie filling!
* I used the Trader Joe’s Organic can, but you can try homemade as well
Latest posts by (see all)
- Limited Time to Exercise? Some Time Management Talk - January 23, 2020
- Use Your Positive Psychology - January 17, 2020
- Milk Power - January 9, 2020
- Hello 2020 A New Decade! - January 3, 2020