Pumpkin Pudding (egg-free, dairy-free)
This pumpkin dessert is luscious and creamy and perfect for a fall, seasonal treat.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree*
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pour half of the coconut milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil.
Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl, and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the liquid. This will prevent a gelatin ‘skin’ from forming on top.
Place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until set. The pudding will be almost solid when chilled.
Remove the plastic wrap and use hand beaters or a stand mixer to beat for 3 to 5 minutes on high, until smooth and creamy.
Serve with gingersnap cookies or you can use it as a pie filling!
* I used the Trader Joe’s Organic can, but you can try homemade as well
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020