This recipe gives this classic French salad a healthy makeover! It makes a filling lunch or dinner and has only 291 calories per serving.
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups shredded romaine (or Bibb lettuce or mixed greens)
- 1 (7-oz) can solid white tuna, packed in water, drained, flaked into large pieces
- 8 oz steamed green beans, cooled
- 4 boiled medium new potatoes, cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- 8 black olives, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley (for garnish; optional)
Combine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil, whisking continuously, until blended. Set aside.
Evenly arrange lettuce on five serving plates. Top with tuna, green beans, potatoes, eggs, tomatoes, onion, and olives.
Evenly drizzle dressing over salads.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 87 mg
Sodium: 369 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 15 g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020