Self-Care for You
Do you ever do something for yourself? Self-care is most likely the thing you are neglecting. Many people forget to do this. You are not alone. If you are not taking care of yourself, then it is hard for you to be able to take care of everyone else in your life.
Self-care is any kind of activity that you do deliberately to take the time to take care of yourself. It benefits your mental, emotional, and physical health. Honestly, it is a very simple concept in theory, but it is one thing that is often overlooked.
Find a way to do something for yourself a least once a month. Good self-care is vital to improve health, happiness, your mood, and it aids in reducing anxiety. It works to give you a way to refresh yourself and help you look and feel great.
Some Self-care Examples
- Get a Massage
- Go to the Chiropractor
- Sleep in
- Take a long walk
- Watch a new movie
- Weekend Retreat
- Relax in the sun and experience lakes, river, or a local beach
- Organize your area to reduce stress
- Try a new healthy recipe
- Experience unconditional love of a pet
- Talk out your day with a therapist
- Enjoy a Spa day
- Schedule a sauna
There are so many more things you can do. Do something for you. It will help you gain the strength to be able to take on all the things you do.
Grab a friend, your kid, or your spouse, and include them. This will help you and them while also benefiting your relationships. Make this a monthly date with yourself!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020