Shamrock Shake Smoothie
This healthy take on the classic Shamrock Shake uses fresh spinach and juicy kiwi to achieve the fun and festive color we all love. Using fresh mint makes this smoothie extra minty and refreshing.
- 1 frozen large banana, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ⅓ cup packed fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 ice cubes
- Kiwi slices for garnish
Combine banana, spinach, yogurt, milk, mint and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
If you like, cut kiwi slices into shamrock shapes and thread onto a skewer. Serve the smoothie garnished with the kiwi and mint, if desired.
Serving size: 2½ cups
Per serving: 287 calories; 3 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 54 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 75 mcg folate; 12 mg cholesterol; 37 g sugars; 8 g added sugars; 5,254 IU vitamin A; 31 mg vitamin C; 484 mg calcium; 6 mg iron; 191 mg sodium; 1,012 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (105% daily value), Vitamin C (52% dv), Calcium (48% dv), Iron (33% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3½
Exchanges: 2 dairy, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020