Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Despite looking like a bar snack, these stuffed mushrooms are 100 percent good-for-you. Each mushroom is filled with a mixture of finely chopped mushrooms, onion, and creamy ricotta, and topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella that bakes to a beautiful golden brown. Garlic and crushed red pepper amp up the flavor. It’s hard to believe each one has only 25 calories.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups raw baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushroom stems, onion, and spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
Add garlic, red pepper, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add ricotta cheese; mix well.
Evenly fill mushrooms with spinach mixture.
Place mushrooms on a large baking sheet. Evenly top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020