Strawberries, Peaches, and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette
Dan Barber, the chef of the acclaimed locavore restaurant Blue Hill at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills, New York, created the first dessert vinaigrette I had encountered. This is an adaptation of his recipe, which incorporated much more olive oil and melted butter. The warm vinaigrette in this recipe releases an intoxicating perfume when poured over the fresh fruit. Serve within 20 minutes of preparing for maximum flavor and optimal temperature.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 large ripe peach or nectarine, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
How to Make It :
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
Combine berries and peach in a large bowl. Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020