Are you a sushi fan? Think about sushi and what it is: Fish and Raw Veggies. What a great combination that is healthy and clean! But there is more to your sushi meal that can be a cause for control. Ingredients like the batter, the rice, and the sauces can tip the scale on sushi to being not as healthy.
- Vegetable Roll 39 calories
- Shrimp Tempura Roll 53 calories
- California Roll 41 calories
- Dragon Roll 68 calories
- Rainbow Roll 58 calories
- Salmon & Avocado Hand Roll 134 calories
- Spicy Tuna Roll 54 calories
- Tuna Sashimi 19 calories
- Shrimp Nigiri 62 calories
The fact is that sushi rice itself is vegan (rice, rice vinegar, salt, sugar, kombu seaweed, and sometimes sweet rice wine), you just select vegetarian/vegan toppings for your sushi. Makes this much cheaper this way also.
When you eat nigiri dip the fish side, but not the rice into the soy sauce to avoid overloading it with that sodium soy sauce has within it.
Believe it or not, most sushi rice has white sugar mixed in! To avoid this, go for the brown rice or order “naruto style” which is cucumber wrapped.
Sushi is easily digestible and has health benefits which include reducing high cholesterol levels, the risk of heart disease and overall inflammation, as well as lowering blood pressure, triglycerides and maintaining heart rhythm.
How about some sushi now?
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020