Sweet Potato Spicy Chicken (Paleo & Gluten Free)
Sweet Potato Spicy Chicken is a recipe to impress. A dinner recipe that is easy, and packed full of rich flavor that is sure to make the whole family happy. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and Paleo.
This Sweet Potato Spicy Chicken Recipe is loaded with ‘meat’ along with a ton of flavor. Chicken, bacon, sweet potatoes and spices work together in this dish like a four-part harmony. Smoothly complimenting one another and making your taste buds very happy little buds indeed.
You can use chicken thighs in this recipe which is very rich. Like oh-my this is amazing! However, if you want to keep your calorie count a little lower, but still want the flavor from the dark meat, do a combination of chicken thighs and breasts. Whichever meat you choose this dish is simple to pull together with a limited amount of prep and ingredients.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon. Franks hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 3 strips of uncured organic bacon, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Pinch of Ground Black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 F.
On the stovetop set ovenproof pan over medium heat.
Add tablespoon of coconut oil to pan and when melted add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp, remove and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine together paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
Toss the sweet potatoes and chicken to spice mix, and stir to coat. Add the seasoned potatoes and chicken into the pan. Stir a few times to brown chicken, about 3-4 minutes.
Place pan uncovered in pre-heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Add the green onions and bacon to the dish and serve.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020