Turkey and Lettuce Wraps
Ground turkey with lots of chopped fresh veggies makes a light and delicious filling for these lettuce cups. They taste great hot or cold.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large head of lettuce (like red leaf, romaine, or bibb), separated into leaves
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add turkey, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
Add garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020