Gold Ataulfo mangoes are ideal in smoothies, as they’re creamy and much less fibrous than the red-green variety. Turmeric boasts a bounty of natural medicinal properties. Some studies connect turmeric with healthy properties including preventing indigestion, blood clots, and possibly even diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. This filling smoothie is a healthful way to wake up and get your day going. If you need to speed up your morning routine, make a smoothie “bag” with all the ingredients except the orange juice the night before. Then, add the smoothie bag and the orange juice to your blender, and combine until creamy.
- 2 cups chopped Ataulfo or Champagne mango (from 2 mangoes)
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
How to Make It :
Process mango, yogurt, orange juice, banana, turmeric, agave nectar, and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Add ice; blend until smooth. Pour evenly into 4 glasses.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020