Turmeric talk today. How about a good way to spice up your meals with flavor while also having health benefits? It may even be a hidden secret with skincare too.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a gold-colored spice from the rhizome (a horizontal underground plant stem). You will often find this as the main ingredient in many different curry powders. Some people add turmeric to steamed milk or coffee and you may be able to locate a latte at your favorite coffee shop. There they call those a “Golden Milk.” Supplements are also available. There has been talked that it is a wonder drug, but that is not confirmed.
Ways to use Turmeric
- Stir into hummus
- Blend into a smoothie
- Dust into popcorn
- Add to rice
- Use in soups
- Include in stews
- Toss in roasted veggies
- Mix into egg or tofu scrambles
- Seek other recipes on Pinterest or Google that highlight turmeric.
The Healthy Benefits
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant. A property within it called curcumin is also an anti-inflammatory. The spice is linked to being beneficial in heart disease and controls osteoarthritis pain. Many other wonder drug benefits can be found for turmeric.
It may be time to try something new!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020