Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad
Sweet watermelon and savory heirloom tomatoes are a perfect pair and make a delicious, healthy summer salad. Choose tomatoes of several different colors for dramatic appeal.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil (or mint, chives, or parsley)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula (also known as rocket)
- ½ medium seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 2-inch triangles
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about ½ oz.)
Combine oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper in small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Arrange arugula, watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and onion on a large serving platter.
Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Top evenly with cheese.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020