What to Put in Your Hiking Bag
Taking a hike outdoors helps you have an adventure while getting a good workout in. Hiking works your lower body, can be beneficial to your brain, and releases hormones that lift your mood. The fresh air can do great things for you.
Walking trails doesn’t take a lot to get started. Many outdoor sports need advanced training and expensive equipment, but beginning level hiking does not. Many people get started walking in their neighborhood and then advance to local forest preserves. The next step would be longer hikes.
Be sure you know your trail, have good shoes and carry a bag with you.
What’s in the Bag?
Here is a list of a few things to have with you on your long hikes.
- Emergency medical kit
- Form of hydration – Bring a Water sleeve or something similar
- Small blanket
- Umbrella – Find a short collapsible version
- Phone and phone charger
- Snack pack of fruit and nuts
- Coat or another layer of clothing and a hat.
- Watch – there are some that measure heart rate and distance while some track elevation too.
Always be prepared and let others know when and where you are hiking. Get some fresh air and feel the benefits!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020
Categories: Blog, General