Why You Should Blog!
Why You Should Blog!
We all have a story. Each of us have a unique story. When you think about the things that are everyday occurrences for you, often you may not think that those things would be interesting to others. In fact, the opposite is true. We as humans, love to hear each other’s stories. Before media took over our lives, we found such pleasure in listening to the voices and the stories of our friends and families. This was our entertainment, education, and empowerment.
I never planned to be a blogger. Writing is definitely not my strong point. It was a nudge in this direction that got me started. It was an opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone and face a fear. In my recent Fearless series I cover how facing fears and doing something scary every day are stepping stones on the path to fearlessness and greatness.
3 Reasons Why You Should Blog
- Your Story is Important. An experience you have had can shed light in the darkness of someone else. Perhaps you learned how to navigate your way around a problem. That insight can prove extremely helpful to someone else and can make all the difference in their lives. We all have faced obstacles in our path and can relate to adversity. Our joyful experiences can serve to encourage and uplift those around us.
- We Are All Experts At Something. Chances are there is a topic or hobby that you are passionate about. Because of this passion, you may have read more about it, practiced it or surrounded yourself with others who are also interested in it. When we hone in on something like that we undoubtedly become experts in that niche. Why not share that knowledge so that others with the same interest can benefit from your expertise? When you blog, you and your readers form a brain trust that enhances the experience and fund of knowledge in the area of interest.
- Blogging Gives Us All A Voice. You may be saying that you are shy and there is no way you would do videos and social media live broadcasts. That is okay. You can be an introvert and incredibly shy and still have an prolific blog. Deep down inside everyone of us has something important to say. Blogging may just be the venue for you to have your voice heard.
Have I convinced you to start blogging yet? There I was facing a fear of public speaking when part of my therapy was doing just that in the form of live broadcasts on social media and blogging. Who knew? Now I am still facing my fear daily and trying to let my voice be heard through these printed words. Why not you too?
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. Please feel free to comment below and share it.
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020