You Fell Down, Now What
You Fell Down, Now What?
There is something about the universe that never disappoints. Inevitably, whenever you put something out into the ether that challenges you and resides outside of your comfort zone, you are rewarded with answers. Now, there are answers that we get that may or may not be what we envisioned.
The litmus test of whatever you are working on to improve yourself is a life challenge. Click To TweetSo, I decided to focus on conquering my fear of public speaking as my personal development project for 2018. That being said, the universe answered like a beast!
“Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship. Keep moving, keep learning, keep growing.” ~Denzel Washington
Greatness lies on the other side of our fear. I have found that for me, whenever I feel that deep weighty pit in my stomach as I am confronted by fear, I know that is something that I MUST do anyway. Click To Tweet It took me a while for me to get here but I have learned to trust this intense feeling and pull the trigger anyway. As long as there is no immediate physical danger associated with this feeling, I now push through and go for it!
“If you do what is easy, your life will be hard. If you do what is hard, your life will be easy!” ~ Les Brown
The vantage point from where I currently see things is one of hope and possibility instead of helplessness and dismay. There are many layers to the path that got me here and there is still a long road ahead. There are several things that really have helped to mold my mindset and prospective from the pain side of the fear continuum to the power side.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Here are some of the things that have succored me thus far on this journey of fear confrontation and conquering:
- Keep Great Company. I can hear the words of my sage mother as she would say, “you are the company you keep. Be sure to surround yourself with people who are going somewhere”. It’s funny how all these years later, her words are timely and relevant. In order to be great, we have to surround ourselves with people who are going to push us to step out of those comfort places we love to settle and truly tap into our greatness. In this vein, came the inspiration for the establishment of the Good to Great Womens’ Group, which I hope will be a think tank, support system and greatness factory for all the community members.
- Read, Read, Read. There are several books that address how to deal with fear. Most recently, I have become acquainted with an amazing book that has really impacted my approach to my fears called Feel The Fear…And Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers, PhD. It inspired me so much that I based the majority of the content for the Punch Fear in the Face Series in the Good to Great Womens’ Group on this book. She provides practical tools for conquering fear and unleashing greatness. This is an encouragement to not only read but also to implement. It is only when we do both that the true metamorphosis occurs.
- Challenge Yourself. There is no greatness that occurs when we seek solace in that deceptively oppressive place called our comfort zone. When we wish to have a transformation, there is a necessary coupling of forays beyond our comfort zone. If we alloy the natural self to take over, we will stay comfortable and as a result never live up to our true potential. If you want to build a muscle, then it is imperative to challenge it with weight or resistance. If you don’t use your muscles they shrink or atrophy. Given this phenomenon, facing fear, working on our greatness requires us to challenge ourselves. To be our best selves, we have to do scary things, dream bigger, and step out on faith.
So you fell down, so what! You have the chops to crush this thing called life and go through it in stellar fashion. In other words, you have what it takes to face your fears, dig deep, grow, and unleash your greatness!
Are you ready to face your fears and grow beyond you ever thought possible? If you answered, “YES!” and you are a strong woman who is looking to be surrounded by the company that will push you towards greatness then you should join the Good to Great Womens’ Community.
In the video above, I talked about the other transformation that I working on right now. Mission: lean out and strengthen this mom bod in time for our 13-year anniversary weekend get away in a few months.
My goal is to help as many busy women like you as I can unleash your greatness by reclaiming their wellness and fitness mojo.
Here are some great options for you, Strong Woman:
- Walk with me and take introductory steps towards a healthy lifestyle and finding a healthy balance by filling out your Wellness Assessment. Then we can chat about creating a game plan specific to you.
- If you aren’t sure what you need, go ahead and fill out the VIP Health Assessment and we will chat about what is the best fit for you.
- If you are ready for full-on fitness accountability and support, then the VIP Goalcrusher Program is a perfect fit.
Most importantly, I want to thank you for your time reading this blog, I appreciate your time and attention. Please feel free to share liberally and comment below. Please and thank you :)!
Be strong. Be brave. Unleash your greatness!
Latest posts by Charmaine Gregory (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020