This tasty snack or side dish has flavor and crunch. And, our zucchini fries have only 74 calories per serving!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into ½ x 3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 475° F.
Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
Combine flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
Working with a few pieces at a time, dip zucchini in egg whites and lift out, letting excess drip back into bowl; drop zucchini into bag containing flour mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, or until tender-crisp and golden brown.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 611 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 5 g
Latest posts by (see all)
- Give Your Goals a Punch - February 21, 2020
- Podcast: 3 Reasons Professional Women Should Start One - February 20, 2020
- Turmeric Talk - February 13, 2020
- The Battle Rope Work - February 6, 2020